“Pert” is a cold-molded gaff rigged cutter designed by Canadian naval architect Bill Garden and built by owner in 2003 to a very high professional standard. Her bowsprit, clipper bow, chain-plates and life-line stanchions are all bronze and were all cast by Port Townsend Foundry. The finest materials were purchased, no expense spared. She was launched in 2003 and the Fish Brothers made a few treasured journeys. Single spruce mast, mainsail, jib, drifter & topsail. Currently in covered storage on 3 axle purpose built 21,000 lb trailer. Yanmar diesel with only 400 hours. Dinghy and outboard included!
- Vessel Name: Pert
- Located In: Port Townsend, WA
- Official (Hin) #: WNZ7068CG303
- Regn #: WN411RM
- Builder: The Fish Brothers
- Model: Bill Garden Design- Captain Blackburn Cutter
- Year: 2003
- LOA: 36
- LOD: 28
- Beam: 8’6″
- Draft: 4’8″
- Displacement: 10,200lbs
- Ballast: 9,000 lbs (cast lead with 3/4″ bronze keel bolts)
- Hull Material: Composite – cedar with cloth/epoxy sheathing, laminated with West System epoxy and consists of four layers of 1/8″ Western Red cedar and an external layer of 1/4″ mahogany hardwood.
- Deck Material: Marine plywood with cloth/epoxy sheathing
- Fastenings: Bronze below waterline
- Frames: Hardwood
- Keel: Full, Bronze Bolts
- Rudder Post: Bronze
- Engine 1:
- Engine Brand: Yanmar
- Engine Model: 2GM20
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
- Engine Hours: 400
- Engine Power: 18 HP
- Very charming double v- berth forward with oval framed opening separating it from the Salon.
- Built-in book shelves and lighting.
- Single berths port & starboard in Salon with lighting, built-in book shelves and additional storage below
- Icom M302 VHF radio
- Raymarine ST40 digital depthsounder
- Ritchie steering compass.
- Ship is 12 VDC with shore power 110 VAC , True Charge 20amp battery charger, 3 Group 31 batteries
Auxiliary Machinery, Ground Tackle & Steering System
- 35# CQR with 250′ 1/4″ High-Test galvanized chain, 25# CQR, Windlass- Ideal bronze 12VDC vertical- axis, Steering – Edson rack & pinion worm gear with below deck Raymarine auto pilot.
- Single Yanmar 2GM20 18hp two cylinder, naturally aspirated, fresh water cooled diesel engine
- 1″ stainless alloy propeller shaft and a 3 bladed 16″ RH 10″ bronze propeller
- Diesel: 2 fuel / fiberglass – 34 galls
- Fresh water: 1 Poly @ 35 galls
- Holding: poly @ 6 galls
Sails & Rigging
- Ideal Anchor Windlass
- Sails: Main, Jib, Staysai, Sail Covers (excellent condition)
- Winches: Murray bronze & Lewmar
- Rigging: 1×19 stainless steel wire
- Mast & Boom: Spruce
Galley, Pumps, etc.
- Bronze 1/4 turn seacocks
- 2 electric bilge pumps: Rule 3700 GPH & Rule 750 GPH
- Manual Whale gusher double diaphragm bilge pump
- Galley has Sigma Model 200 diesel range
- Cabin heat from galley range
- Lavac marine toilet
- Extensive storage lockers throughout.
- Hot water tank.
Dinghy, Outboard & Trailer
- Inflatable: Mercury 7 1/2ft with 3 1/2 hp Tohatsu outboard – as new
- Trailer: 3 axle 21,000 lb